Welcome to Hammer & a Headband! This is a home and garden blog with a mid-century modern twist (and LOTS of cats).
I’m Tara Besore, an interior design enthusiast restoring my 1960s house and sharing tips and tutorials in the process.
My goal is to help you create a beautiful home that makes you happy.
Looking for mid-century modern decor ideas?
Check out these home decor articles.
- The Ultimate Guide to Mid-Century Modern Decor
- How to Find Mid-Century Modern Style Curtains
- Adorable Cat Decor for a Mid-Century Modern Bedroom
- The One Color Every Mid-Century Modern House Needs
- This Retro Postcard Display Is the Ultimate in Kitschy Goodness
Hoping to create your backyard oasis?
Check out these gardening and landscaping articles.
- Keep Your Houseplants Alive With These 5 Tips
- The Easy Guide to DIY Raised Garden Beds
- How to Create a Palm Springs Breezeway With Unkillable Plants
- How to Get Rid of Ivy for Good
Renovating a fixer upper?
Check out these home improvement articles.
- 8 Things to Do Before Having Your House Painted
- How to Replace Tongue and Groove Siding
- Tile a Shower Starting From the Studs
- Find the Right Lighting for Your Mid-Century Modern House
- DIY a Mid-Century Modern Wall Unit
Behind the Headband
I’m the H & H creator and resident DIY-er, serving as home improvement project archivist one blog post at a time.
Since I was young, I’ve been obsessed with interior design, constantly tweaking my bedroom’s layout and decor until I got it just right. My mom even let me rearrange the living room a few times!
The Rest of the Gang
I couldn’t do all this without my crew. Here are the people and cats you might see on this site.
- Eric: Handsome husband and home improvement master
- Handy Andy: Bro-in-law and DIY extraordinaire who helps with many of our big projects
- Jane: Stunning gray cat who helps with blog photo shoots when it’s convenient for her
- Charlie: Adorable black and white cat who loves his catio space, rain or shine
Join the Crew
As an H & H subscriber, you’ll get home and garden inspiration regularly delivered to your inbox, along with irresistible cat pics. Who could say no to that?
And right now I’m giving away two mod cat printables with newsletter signups. This could be the beginning of a fabulous gallery wall at your place.